New. Shiseido Cream Shadows Review +Swatches+ FOTD

Friday, August 12, 2011




Hello pretty ladies!

Today I come up with a little review of
Shiseido’s new cream shadows.
When I saw these hit the counter , I got fascinated
with some of the colors. 

On Shiseido's website this is the description of the product:

  “A lightweight cream eye shadow with a radiant, lustrous finish that maintains a just-applied fresh look for 16 hours without smudging or creasing. Applies easily with your fingertip for a smooth, even finish. Hydrates skin with Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE”

I got a very nice sample that included 3 colors:
Mist, Magnolia, and Purple Dawn.
When I first applied these, 
I noticed that the texture
is very soft and velvety just like they said it is. 
All of the colors have like a pearl finish.

I tried using a brush as well as my fingers to apply the product on my lid/crease and using both
techniques I was able to apply  an even layer.

To apply the color on the crease I decided to use my MAC 217 brush and it was very easy to blend!

Now onto the non creasing formula? Well on me, they did crease!
(Even though I used UDPP before hand and set them with a little powder)
I was a little disappointed but I do have oily lids and the way my lid is, it has like a fold right in the center
so it’s so easy to get a crease line there :/
I have tried different cream products in the past and they tend to crease one me so I shouldn’t be surprised lol.

Even with the NYX pencils I need to carefully apply a very thin layer or otherwise they will crease as well.

I do want to try them again using a fine layer and using other brand shadows to set them.
The ones I used to set these on this FOTD where a pink and a purple from the 88 palette.
Even if I can not use them on the lid, I do want to purchase some colors because  I can use them for highlight,  at the tearduct,  or above the crease since on those areas the product stayed on perfectly.

If you don’t have oily lids, this product stays pretty well since I saw the lady from the counter
with them on all day looking perfectly fine!

Swatches:
(Click to enlarge)
From left to right
Mist- Magnolia- Purple Dawn
Aren't they gorgeous? 
My fave is Mist even though you can barely
see it in the swatch picture.
As a highlight color it is amazingly magical in real life :)

What are your thoughts on these?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I appreciate every comment or follower
God Bless :)

Like us on Facebook